Wednesday, July 6, 2011

You gotta smooth it out!

Hi everyone!  I hope you are all getting out there and enjoying the beautiful summer we have now moved into.  I know I am!  Here in Massacheusetts the weather is absolutely stunning,  yesterday was 31 degrees and I can tell you that my legs are feeling it!  Just a little sunburnt is all.  Anyway,  today we have a question that I thought was funny and unfortunate all at the same time.  Here it is,  and tell me what you think because I could not help answering this one!


"Is it true that I should`nt use conditioner after shampooing?  I was told by a friend that it is bad for your hair."




The simple answer to that is NO,  conditioner like shampoo has an immense importance to your hair shafts vitality and strength.  The way it works is simple,  on the PH Balance scale we have acidity and alkalinity,  as I have covered in previous blog entries.  Anything below 7 on the scale is regarded as acidic and hence is an astringent (closes pores, cuticles, etc...) where as anything above 7 is considered alkaline and has an adverse effect.  The idea behind ensuring you use the combination of these products is simple,  you must open you hair shaft (alkaline) to scrub it clean inside and out.  Once finished however,  it is very advisable to close the cuticle layer back down and leave your hair shaft smooth, closed and protected (acidic).  I really hope you put the kibosh to your fear of conditioner because the simple fact is your hair will love you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment