Friday, November 4, 2011

The Silver Fox!

Hey Guys!  Hope all is well in the world with you!  I am glad to get the opportunity to write to you today and answer another great question that I received recently.   I find that often I am sent questions by other young women or young men.  Not often however,  have I been sent questions by people who are a little older and therefore have slightly different queries.   Today we have one from a reader who is in her seventies and sporty a beautiful head of white hair!  Cool,  lets get to it!




Hi there,  I am a regular reader and often think about writing to you.  I finally had a question I thought you might be able to answer so I thought I would try it out!  My name is Carla and I have a short hair cut that is quite a bit more "Naturally Highlighted" than in my pat years.  I was wondering if you could help me by referring me a product that would help get the yellow out of my white hair?  I just find that it often has a tinge of colour I do not like and I haven`t been able to be rid of it,  Thank you in advance.


Sweet eh!?  There is definitely a way to be rid of the yellow!  We in the salon deal with many guests that have started to go white or silver,  and are having trouble because their hair becomes so porous that it collects smoke, or pollution or any other element and begins to change in colour.  The best thing to do is to try and neutralize the yellow or gold by killing it with an ash based toning product.  Because we do not want to colour our hair everyday we cannot used an actual colour.  So the best way to approach this is with colour based shampoos and conditioners.  We in our salon use one by Davines,  its effective and gentle and works extremely well.  These are meant to be used once or twice a week at most and left on for anywhere between 3 to 5 minutes.  I have attached a picture of the one we use in our salon,  its called Alchemic Silver Conditioner.  The conditioners are better because they carry the most pigment.

No comments:

Post a Comment